Test Automation Engineer
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer for our client.
- Design, develop, configure, and maintain automated test frameworks and custom test solutions
- Align the appropriate functional and automated testing solution to most effectively and efficiently evaluate the acceptance criteria
- Work with the product team and other development teams to understand how new features should be tested, and then engage them in contributing automated tests.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases with cases that represent all customer use cases, edge cases and negative test cases
- Test and prove that the software meets major architectural requirements and ensure the quality of the system as a whole
- Coordinate test runs; prioritize, define and manage defect reporting and resolution
- Analyze complex software systems and collaborate with others to improve the overall design, testability and quality.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Work closely with developers, architects and product owners to ensure the UI and UX features provide a great experience and implemented to specs
- Document technical solutions, company products and company projects
- Support QA and Development staff through training, mentoring and support for problem solving
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 1+ years of experience in software development / testing with programming skills (Ruby is a plus)
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) is a plus
- Experience with test automation and test related tools (both test management and test automation e.g., Selenium, Jenkins, Postman, JMeter, SoapUI, Cucumber, Jira)
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- An understanding of systems designs and data processing policies, practices and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of software testing practices and procedures within an Agile SDLC
- Must be fluent in English; both oral and written